Monday, August 3, 2009

Some Things I Regret

I wrote this one in high school for a poetry writing assignment for my Creative Writing class. I think the assignment was rhyming, but can't be sure - may have just done it as an experiment.

Some things I regret, some things I can’t undo
The things I have done are keeping me from you
Sitting in the sun, thinking of your love
Thinking bittersweet memories of past things done
I keep trying to say no, trying to deny
That I lost you, lost you — never to see you cry
Wiping tears from your face, each one that I caused
At the ocean of pain I felt, I paused
Not knowing what to say, this regret did make
Its way out of my soul, screaming in its wake
I could not think, could not trust myself inside
To say the right thing, to make what I did right
Please oh GOD PLEASE, I don’t want to lose your sight!
I crumpled to the ground as I sobbed my regret
I cried as the sun turned gold, red and russet
Remember my love, no matter what or how
I will be here for you as long as time will allow
So will my remorse, and be there it will
My guilt is forever, my love is longer still.

No comments:

Post a Comment